Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valve Job Coming Soon

http://ansapo.blogspot.com/

At least now we know...you'll be going under the knife very soon.

Thanks for the update Anne. I'm glad the surgeon gave you a choice between valves, pig vs. plastic. Normally I'd be all for the PIG because you know how I love all pork products, but given the lifespan of the animal valve, the plastic one is a good choice.

I don't know if the doctor discussed the drug therapy you will have to be on following the surgery and for as long as you have the valve. It is a blood thinner so you do not get any clots around the valve part. This drug has a lot of dietary restrictions such as Vitamin K and A (I think.) I think it is a similar drug that Lisa was on following her seizures.

Anyway, be sure to ask the doctor about that so we can know. I plan on us doing a bit of juicing while I'm with you so I don't want to be giving you something you can't have...like kale.

I hope this link works for your blog. Keep posting. I'm reading it.

Call anytime.
Love,
Linda

No comments: