Thursday, February 14, 2008

Haiku Dreams

Leonard celebrated his 45th birthday on February 7th. He had a poetry party, the Bohemians Revival, I think is what he calls his annual poetry review. Len is a physicist who now poses as a technical writer for some software company somewhere in Seattle.

Anne, you were one of his first performers at his Bohemian Revival. I have that picture of him wearing that Marquette sweatshirt watching you either sing or scat or something...the joy and love in his eyes are memories I keep forever.

I haven't heard from him to see if he was able to raise any money for your operation and I meant to call him but I was apprehended and all... Let's hope the climbing community is kind and remembers how many slide shows we've watched and all the boring climbing stories we've listened too over the years. I mean how many times do you really need to go up the mountain? Don't you know they have trails and lifts now to get you to the top?

I love to watch men transform into their art. Take Daniel Talsky for example: brilliant writer/poet/software geek transformed at the Rainbow Gathering by spending a night in the Malibu Stacy Funtime Camper and he embraced his inner feminine side letting go of the barriers he created in his mind so his art, his words; could transform.

Here's a link to Daniel's Website and Blog:

http://www.tinyplace.org/

Dearest God,
Please bless and watch over the adorable Daniel Talsky. Thank you god for bringing him into my life to remember how to bring action into the body. Dearest god you remember how many times Daniel has broken his back, laid near dead in a dumpster and was somehow resurrected back to life. And when his back was broken again, again he rose. And it is because of this continued regeneration of the physical that his spirit can continue to live and create through writing and expression that he is alive today. Thank you for the reminder, the inspirational stories to keep me going when I am feeling weak. OH and God, thanks again for the reminder that I don't really need 2 men and a hand-truck. I realize now what I really needed was just the hand-truck. I got most of the pod loaded and I'm just gonna get rid of the rest of it all. I know, I really love my bed and the marble table but honestly, they are too big and heavy and if I am going to keep them well...there needs to be another solution, but seriously God...we were talking about the adorable Danial Talsky....and how much he loved to wear some of my clothes! God, that was fun. I wonder where Steve Stone is? Thank you god for all of this and that and continue to pray etc...and we'll talk later. Amen. Ashey.

The real question is though, what does all of this have to do with Haiku Dreams?

Well, I remember for Leonard's first event that I couldn't be there because I had another round of bronchitis and the weather was terrible....cold and snowy. Len lived over in that house on 50th street, just near Wallingford and we were living in Fremont, remember? My bedroom was above the drum shop at American Music. That was the apartment where we met the kitty whore, FUZZERS!

I remember that I was very cold and wrote a series of 23 Haiku poems that I now call my"Terrible Japaneses Art Tour" and in this tour I include all my terrible Japanese Sumi paintings....none of which exist and all are beautifully terrible!

I bring this up because I would like to leave you with one of these terrible Haiku's today since it is fucking freezing here in Florida....and please call me as soon as you guys are out of the doctor's appointment and let me know when surgery is...Mom doesn't want me to come out until after you are home and in recovery. I only want to be of the most service to you and Lisa so we can discuss what we all agree is the best arrangement. Also, I think I'd prefer to visit your psychatrist since he would have a history of our family background. Here's the drug they want me to take: Symbyax 6mg/25/mg capsules. It is a combination drug of Olanzapine and Fluoxetine. I've got too much packing to do to look it up so get to work!

I love you...call anytime.

XO
L.

Cold cold cold cold day,
Oh my god it's cold today,
How I wish it'd snow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that Haiku really exemplifies the way I feel about Florida when it has its random cold bouts. BUt, Linda, it is not cold today.

Anne S. said...

Fluxotine is generic Prozac - that could be much cheaper than $250 a month. An anti-depressant. I am not sure what the other one is, but by the sound of the name, I believe it is an anti-anxiety, like Clonazapam. Also, a generic drug, available for like $15 a month, tops. Don't you already have prescriptions for anti-anxiety and anti-depressants? Save your money.

Linda S. Silberman said...

Thanks Anne. I knew you'd find the right info out. I'm not feeling depressed right now, I'm angry at times and certainly sad but I know I am not depressed. So how about we discuss the use of antianxiety drugs and your thoughts....because I have used them and they have a lot of side effects too plus I think I almost tried to kill myself once when I was in HBG taking care of Aunt Es....when I mixed them with bourbon... not too smart, I know but I was so stressed out being in Harrisburg and Nip was always flipping out and Aunt Es was crying out for God every night and I kept tell her that God heard her, that was why I was there. But I did start smoking there too and I am not smoking now.

See, if I were really in need of the drugs I'd be smoking cigarettes first. Let's wait to see if I start smoking, okay?

Love you....
L.

Linda S. Silberman said...

Lalala...I don't know who you are buying your crack from, but you got a poor deal. It's freezing here right now! I can't go swimming!!! URGH!

Anonymous said...

okay okay sorry i am way down in miami and i never get the deep freezes you get up thur. And yeah, I will stop going to that dealer...