Saturday, February 16, 2008

Dating Quiz

While packing my belongings, I uncovered a box of my old journals and writings. In one of the moleskin note pads was this quiz I wrote when I was thinking about dating again, after the whole Jay thing....

You remember Jay don't you? He was the first guy I dated who was my own age. That happened when I was living in Delray Beach and he had just left his wife and was raising his 3 kids in NJ, working in the city. I now live just a couple miles from his parent's house in Pompano Beach.

He would have made a good husband and I really seriously fantasized about marrying him and he thought about it too. But he realized that my lifestyle and who I am would not fit into the mainstream world he lived in with his kids....which is really a pity. Especially once he brought his kid here to meet me last March. We got along so well...

But it wasn't time.

It makes me think that I'm really not the kind of woman men want to marry, which is fine except that I would like to be in partnership with someone. Lisa and I had a really great talk yesterday about my many creative projects and their failures. I don't consider any of the projects failures and I mean all the projects from the book, "Hungry for the Stars" to Lifestyle Center that I worked on...

My goal has always been the same...work in partnership with another to create something. That's why I studied jazz...I wanted to play with others. I only got irritated when all the guys wanted to discuss theory and what they heard rather than working on creating sound. But I realize that discussion is part of the creative process...I just don't communicate best that way.

I've been thinking about my future and what I'd like to create and being in partnership is still a part of what I would like to include and I mean romantic partnership. I think it is in my best interests and it is something that I want...and I am open to the possibility of falling in love.

But...the guy who will be able to capture my heart should be able to answer some of the following questions. Here's a quiz I wrote a while ago. I wrote the questions based on some of my mistakes.


THINGS TO ASK ON MY NEXT DATE

  • What is your last name?
I know this seems like an obvious question but I usually don't remember to ask this question. Jay told me his last name but he said it so fast and I wasn't really paying attention because I was looking in his eyes and I'm a bit forgetful.

  • What is the difference between velocity and acceleration? Please explain the difference between density and volume. Explain dark matter in 1 minute or less.
Too hard? I don't want any stupid men! Okay, maybe I can edit these questions so they're not as hard and I am willing to have someone show me their answer on paper if the only way they can explain it is in mathematical terms, but if that is the case I cannot check their work since I have failed algebra 3 times and have no intentions of learning how to add the alphabet this late in my life. I would prefer someone who is willing to discuss superstring theory and the fabric of the universe...if possible.

  • Are you employed?
Again, a no-brainer for most women, but for me....I tend to not ask the right questions so I had to write this one down.

  • Have you ever been involved with a reality based TV show?
Note: It is hard to believe that we now need to ask this question but the wave of TV programming has changed America. This is a good question to know because if you are ever at a boring dinner party or event and you need a story, it is good to have one that is based in Television...remember, all of America learns from television so without it we are idiots.

  • Are you in need of citizenship?
I don't want to date for someone to become a citizen, but if they have passport to Italy or France...maybe????

That's all the questions I have so far. Do you have any you want to add? I know...are you married? Do you have a girlfriend? I remember that stuff now too I don't think I have to write that one down anymore.

No comments: