Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Big Eddie Says:

Big Eddie said to me this morning, "Hey, where were you yesterday Linda? I waited here and you didn't show! What happened!"

I accepted his mini beating...it really was quite soft.

"Sorry Ed. I know it's important to just show-up but sometimes you need a minute to yourself to gather your thoughts."

He nodded in agreement and then started talking about the past few days and all the hell he's been going through with the Giants and all the loosing or were they winning? I didn't really listen because I have a bit of a headache and I was gonna go out for a grand slam breakfast but I decided to have a yogurt instead.

Big Eddie told a joke today too....went like this.

"Hey, what's the secret to a perfectc marriage?"

"Seperate houses."

Good stuff! I laughed!

God bless Big Eddie!

Chandler came over to me today...I had no idea how upset these guys get when I'm not here at THIS starbucks. I'd love to go to a meeting with them sometime but I gotta wait and see....I'm not quite ready to go into recovery and I think I might have discovered a new format to the AA meeting (please read AA meeting posting.)

I mean, if all AA meetings were set-up like that, wouldn't it be enough just for a guy to show up to that meeting?

Just show up.

L.

No comments: