Monday, February 18, 2008

Good News....

Well, it pays to open your mail. I received a notice while I was hospitalized that my case against me from my landlord was ruled in my favor. I wrote the judge after I received the eviction notice stating how I contacted my landlord and tried to work out a rent deal following my LOA, especially since I wasn't receiving any benefits yet and had limited savings. I listed my landlord as a creditor in my bankruptcy and she will receive full benefits from that status on her taxes so if I were evicted and she rented out the place again she would benefit twice from this situation.

The judge ruled on my behalf. However I did state in that letter that I would be out by the 7th of February because that was the day I thought I was flying out....now the landlord has to refile a petition to the courts to have me evicted. However, I listed all the the rent until the end of the lease which is April 1st...so it looks like I can stay where I am for a little while longer.

This is good news. I'm having the car repossessed today or tomorrow so I don't have to pay for the insurance and I'm buying a bike. I bought one yesterday but you don't really know if it works for you until you ride it and this one is a bit too small for me, so back it goes.

Anyway...I gotta figure out all the trirail stuff to see Dr. Paul but other than that...things are moving smoothly.

I've started painting again. Watercolors and I am painting on that old leather jacket I bought in Vancouver BC back in the late 80's. It's a man's bomber jacket, way too big for me now...and I have a couple of different visions of what I'd like to paint on it...the pyramid but the shape of the jacket isn't really primed for that...I might just start painting all my dancing people again.

Do you remember that series of paintings I did Anne? The dancing people? I have pages and pages of these and think I might work on having an art show...I mean. What the hell? Why not me? I know I am not a skilled painter but it feels good to do the act and to have the paint on my hands and clothes.

Oh, I found at Pearl Art Supply these tiny canvases and I'm thinking about painting something really small. I thought of you and all your tiny art.

I'm so glad you're feeling stronger and your voice is getting so much fuller. Mom was talking about that show that George Norey had on Coast to Coast last week about the heart and all the talk about the valve replacement surgery. She's also been talking to people who have had the procedure done. Mom said that in Seattle there are experimental studies happening with the heart valve and stem cell research.

I'd like to remind you about my burn that happened to me when I was 18 years old. Remember how I had hot grease pour down the front of my body covering my leg? Remember how terrible that burn was and the charred skin that was on my leg? I had to wait over 18 hours for medical treatment because Mom was too freaked out to take me to a hospital and the hotel I was working at didn't have Worker's Comp laws like we have now.

So when I was at the Hershey Medical Center and they had to pull that charred skin off of the top of my right leg from above the knee to nearly the top of my thigh, it was very painful. VERY PAINFUL!!! Remember, I had no drugs because they had to find if there was any nerve damage?

Well, after I signed a release to be a part of medical experiment using the placenta as a natural covering for my leg, I've healed beautifully. You can't even tell that I've had the burn.

My Point?

Check it out. I know you have made your choice with the plastic valve and that is great. I support you in all your decisions, but I am kinda in the middle here with Mom and You and I'd like to be able to share information without being attached to either one of your choices.

So...maybe if you are feeling a little stronger you can ask about the stem sell research at Swedish Hospital. Mom says that you know what to do since you listen to the show too.

Okay...end of lecture.

So what about today?

Small moves...stay true to my path. Do what feels right with the body and call the repo man.

I love you....

all the way from here..
L.

5 comments:

Anne S. said...

There's been some misinformation. The stem cell heart repair is for veins and possibly arteries. The aortic valve is HUGE (about an inch in diameter) and there is no such therapy for it yet. (but maybe someday!) My entire valve needs to be replaced because the reason it has narrowed to a critical point is because the opening has only 2 flaps, instead of 3, like it should have. The opening and the entire valve. Please tell mom.

Anonymous said...

Sigh, I will teach you how to catch the buses and the tri rails, that is my profession down here.

Linda S. Silberman said...

Okay Anne...I'll try but you two know what you guys are talking about. I am unskilled in this discussion however I am an excellent mediator so my offer still stands. If you are willing to speak with Mom I am willing to moderate a phone call and do a 3-way call with you guys to make sure it stays nice. She's not gonna bring up any insurance or money stuff. She's doesn't want to stress you out at all, she only wants you rested up so you can have the operation and feel better. I will keep the vision strong of how much better you are going to feel after you have the operation. Yeah, the recovery time will be long but you'll be able to breathe and sing again! Plus you'll be able to walk and have energy.

I won't push you guys...I only want peace.

I love you so much.
L.

Linda S. Silberman said...

Lalala...you got a gift of the magi going on? Selling the computer for a car? You must have some awesome computer if you can get a car for it! When it comes time to replace your computer you should check out www.propertyroom.com to get a great computer for about $300. I was going to do that with mine but I the courts let me keep it....but it's too heavy to still especially now since I'm doing everything on my new bike. Good luck car/computer shopping.

Anonymous said...

:-D Thank you! I got my car btw, a cute little Blue Honda Civic. Thanks Apple for helping me cash in my investment in a timely manner.