Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Baby Huey Says....

One of Big Eddie's flock is Teddy [A.K.A. Baby Huey....Big Eddie's wife thought of that nickname! She's a smartie and a rocker-chick hottie!!]

He was given the $100 challenge to sit there for 1 hour and keep his mouth shut. I really pulled for him too because even though it appeared it was impossible for him to do so, I believed if he really needed the money he could sit for all of eternity with his mouth shut.

Baby Huey came to me as I was driving to Starbucks this morning. One of the last things I heard him say before my incarceration was about his new sponsor.

He said, "My new sponsor has challenged me to drive 5 miles under the speed limit."

That got my attention because the reality is that I am a speed addict.

Oh no...god no! Not that kind of Sudafed/Comet concocktion, no no no....

Driving speed....going fast....0-90 in 5 seconds! Oh how I will miss my SAAB :-( but it is just a thing...I know....I let it go...

I got a lead foot and I will tell you how I got my addiction because I think you remember, but you might be feeling a little sleepy so let me remind you...m'kay?

Remember when we were out in the desert in the Malibu Stacy Funtime Camper? God, she was the best Westphalia of all the campers I've had....she was slow and so heavy and over-heated all the time. I have so many great memories being broken down with that girl. And I drove her to her new life....those nice young guys who wanted to follow Phish?

Anyway, do remember after we spent some time with the Anasazi Indians that we had to start heading back for you to get to work. It was a Sunday and we were outside of Salt Lake City, east of it and we were gonna eat at a Cracker Barrel but all we really needed was coffee?

Remember that?

That is life in Hell Anne....think about it...

Sunday Morning + Salt Lake City = Mormons all in Church

Mormons + Coffee = ____Damnation = no extra wives___

Linda + Anne + No Coffee = Not Pretty

Remember?

I do...it was a terrible day of us driving slowly in the Mailbu Stacy Funtime Camper looking for coffee that I made a deal with God. I asked god if she just showed us where the coffee was I wouldn't ask for anything ever again. And god pulled through and we showed up at some terrible Carribu coffee shop or someplace like that and the news papers had the headlines of Princess Di being killed in a terrible car accident and the coffee!

The coffee was TERRIBLE!!!

AND PRINCESS DI WAS DEAD!

I will never forget that day. I thought to myself I made a deal with the wrong entity. I mean if I had bargained with the devil would we have had a parallel experience? Would we have found a Starbucks? Would Dodi and Di still be here?

I'm not sure. Get me Michiu Kaku and perhaps he and I can discuss the reality of super-string theory and the existances of parallel universes. I'd like to have a good cup of coffee with him sometime!

But what is my point and speed? Well, that was when I vowed to myself that I would never wander in the desert that long again without good coffee and I remembered to pack the French Press and fill the propane tank.

And to one day drive a car that went from 0-55 in less than 10 minutes.

That is what the SAAB has been for me and I do appreciate her very much but I'm psyched about using the Flexi-Cars in Seattle and being progressive again. It is so behind the times down here.

Am I rambling? Sorry. I just miss you.

Well, here's some good news sister... after spending so much time in Elko NV, I now know not only where the Starbucks are in Salt Lake City but I also know where the Trader Joe's is!!!! I think they opened a store there and there is Wild Oats too, so let's think about that for a minute.

How about when you get to feeling better you come out into the desert with me again. We only had that one trip and you said how you wished it would have been longer...me too! We can figure out the details later but I need a goal to visualize with you...

So here are a couple for you to choose from.

The above: Where we go out into the camper and hit the road. I know, I know I don't got no camper now, but that isn't the point. You know how I can maifest anything I need. Plus I'll be near Mike Schmitt and I know he would hook me up with a sound vehicle. I trust him.

Okay we got that...

Then there's Paris for Christmas. Now, when you visualize that, you don't have to include me at all if you don't want to...please! Think of someone who floats your boat! Maybe I will too and we're staying at a nice little charming hotel and perhaps you and yours meets me and mine for a lovely glass of champagne while watching the sun set.... I know you can paint a scene....let's paint one together.

Or maybe you just want to see yourself as feeling good, up and around, walking and singing with your two sisters back in the recording studio.

I've never felt more at home than when in a sound booth with headphones on with both you and Lisa.

Talk about a dream!

Let's focus on something good.

I love you tons...
Pray that 2 strong men and a hand-truck show up today...I really could use their help.

XOXO
All the way from over here
L.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Oh no...god no! Not that kind of Sudafed/Comet concocktion, no no no...."

Yeah Linda! lol, I believe you.

Sue said...

mmmmmm....speeeeeeeed. Love that European engineering.Sad that I never got my trip through the desert with you in Stacy, though. damn. Oh yeah, We were on a road trip that day too,somewhere in Kansas...Colby?, terrible coffee, Di dead...on the way to KY.