Friday, February 15, 2008

Big Eddie and Valentine's Day

I gotta say it:

Big Eddie has a tender heart. He's a romantic guy. I can see it and I gotta say, I am always surprised when men are more romantic than women. They conceal their loving ways so often, or so it appears to me.

But I'm wrong a lot about men. That is a fact we can all bank on. Perhaps these menfolk are deeply sensitive and feel love and romance at a cellular level that I will never know...it is possible. Because how can we measure romance or feelings in the body? A man can not know the pain in childbirth unless having to go through it. Perhaps emotions are felt differently between the genders.

Who knows?

Here's what I do know and that is Big Eddie and the Men were all a buzz about Valentine's day yesterday. It was so sweet to witness. They discussed what they were getting for their gals and the thought they put into their gifts....or didn't put into their gifts.

Big Ed got his bride the whole shebang: love notes, chocolate, jewelery, roses delivered at work, dinner and ????? later. Sounds perfect and by the looks of her this morning, she appreciated it. I also suspect that Big Eddie does this a lot during the year, not just on some Hallmark holiday.

All the men gave good gifts for their women. For instance Gino gave his gal a new tattoo. Today his girl is looking at a new tattoo that is an ointment covered Mexican Candy Skull. As her scab starts to form she will remember all the love that Gino has for her everyday until she dies... or until she decides that she no longer likes tattoos and/or Gino and has it removed by lasers.

You know they really can do some great stuff with lasers these days. Check out Roseanne! She had all sorts of "Tom" tattoos and I think she even had her diner's name tattooed on her and Poof! It's all gone!

Good gift Gino! Kudos!

Big Ed counseled some of his men on Valentine's day morning to check-in to see what they bought their gals. One guy said he got his girlfriend a six pack. Big Ed said, "You should have made it a 12 pack!"

He's a funny guy...I gotta say. I don't know how I was lucky enough to find this little Starbucks. Valentine's day is not a big day for me and my refill of decaf coffee was gift enough yesterday. Thank you god!


Dearest God,

Thank you for Big Eddie and the Men and my little Starbucks and my soon to be repossessed Black Saab. It's been a good spot to heal all this crap that has happened to me and I am very grateful for all my time here. May my exit from Pompano Beach be joyful filled with warm waters and swimming...and good friends. And seriously God...get off your lazy ass and warm it up here. I gotta go to Seattle soon and I need to feel warm from the inside out before I get there. You know how damp it is and you know I can't really keep drinking all this coffee because my stomach can't take it and I will switch to tea.... So God...will it help if I capitalize your name? I didn't think so. Please call those guys at NOAA and order us up some warmer days so I can go swimming...and fix the hot tub too while you're at it.

And thank you god for all the kindness everywhere. I see and feel it daily. Thank you for keeping the faith in Mankind...it is hard to remember that there is kindness here some days.
Amen. Ashey. Namastay.

No comments: