Wednesday, February 27, 2008

God Bless the Federal Government

Dear Traditional White Bearded God,

Thank you for all your work with the Federal Government. I know I've had my complaints in the past but I must say I am truly grateful for the power you have given me defending my rights as a citizen of the United States of America. And for as much as I fantasize about leaving this country, I must admit I have it pretty sweet here right now...and when my claim was denied by the EEOC, you came right in with a sympathetic Federal Judge who offered to review my case and represent me in the appeals process. Not to mention the civil action I am now able to take.

Dearest God...did you know that when you google my name the other Linda Silberman in existance is a law professor at Columbia University? Thank you for making me so psychic so I intuitively know what to do in all these legal proeceedings...especially since that injunction was filed against me last Friday. I was a little worried there but there you were again, protecting my back and the documents arrived yesterday throwing out the entire case and again ruling in my favor!

So this latest little action that you did with me and the Federal Labor Board...well...wow. I gotta say, that was really just for laughs now wasn't it? I truly do thank you for sending me such a helpful government employee who's native land is not the USA but he so appreciates being here...his assistance yesterday and listening to Anne's employer shit their pants when I phoned with the representative from the Department of Labor yesterday was priceless.

Sure, they said all the this and that to cover their asses...I know what they will say before it happens...I was trained by the best at Whole Foods Market. I know the power of the HR department and how it works...and I know what happens to people once the Federal Labor Board calls and files a complaint for one of its flock. Boy God, I was surprised at how much restraint I used too...I mean, you can mess with me all you want but when someone is fucking with my sister especially in her condition....well, there's a reason why the lion is the queen of the jungle.

It did feel good God to watch them shake in their boots and while the Washington State Insurance Commisioner was helpful, the Labor Board was icing on the cake. Thank you!

So we still need a quater million dollars god, but I'm not worried about it today. Anne and I both have what we need for right now...coffee, fresh air, snacks, music, rain. Can you do something about this weather god? I know I've asked before but I'm not kidding...it seems like since I decided in January to return to Seattle you keep bringing this weather here and you don't have to...I appreciate it and all...but think of the millions of other people who don't like the weather.

It's just a suggestion.

Oh, bless and protect and all this and that and thanks for the free WiFi at home. I know it's kinda like stealing but without a car it is so much easier for me to be home and write and my decaf coffee is so much better than Starbucks...thank you thank you thank you. Seriously. I am blessed...even when I don't think I am. Amen. Praise Jesus and all that hoopla. Namaste.


So much love
All the way from here...
Linda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am blessed too.

Anne S. said...

Wow. I didn't realize that you were calling my employer "just for laughs". I appreciate you wanting to help me and it is so cool to know you are as outraged as I am over all of this but...I am probably so much more fucked now.

Linda S. Silberman said...

I did not call your employer for laughs. The fun was when I was able to get mad at them and have them squirm. I only have pure intentions where you are concerned. Please do not doubt that. It's okay if I enjoy making them feel uncomfortable.
Linda