Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Leslie and the Men

The blond bombshell and I have been having coffee together daily since I changed my routine from the wee-wee early hours in the morning. She and I are from different universes and I am always delighted to see her...for a lot of reasons.

Firstly, she is very into men and loves to talk about them and sex. It's fun! She is hot and has dated most of the cuties that come into our Starbucks. Today she has 3 men she's seeing at the same time...she likes to identify them by country of origin: The Brazilian, The Italian, and The American.

She treated me to my decaf Americano and I asked her how her weekend was.

"It was good." she said flatly.

"Who did you do?" I asked.

"Mostly the American." she said.

It was at that moment that the Brazilian came in. I must say, he is very fine. A good height for her, about 5'10" and built...well, they all have to be built or else she wouldn't consider them. God forbid she meet a great guy who happens to be a little thin or a little out of shape.....disqualified.

When The Brazilian walks in she changes completely. Her eyes light up, she watches him from the second he enters and stands in line to get his coffee...it is impossible for her to continue a conversation when The Brazilian is in the room. Once he gets his beverage he comes over and says hello....she gets up, kisses him and whispers something into his ear. Every time. That's the routine.

I can see he knows how to really light her fire. And he knows it too...he's so cool. Man. I wonder how many Leslie's he's got in his back pocket. She really kinda falls over him. I like to see it too...it makes her a bit more vulnerable...just a smidgen.

I've seen her with the American too and she behaves differently around him...more childlike, and playful but needing his attention.

Here is when a healthy discussion of parallel universes would come in handy.

Note: Michio Kaku has a new book coming out in a couple of weeks. Here's a link to his website: www.mkaku.org

In a parallel universe Leslie is as turned on by the American and Italian as she is the Brazilian.

But for her, that's not the goal. She is a physical being having a physical life. She was raised as a "Daddy's Little Girl" and still has that energy. Men respond really well to it, especially if they collect guns. She comes from a family of snipers employed by the government...and I'm the one who got locked up in an institution for three days. I didn't even mention one conspiracy theory!

C'est la vie.

We live in completely different worlds. Where we join is at Starbucks and we enjoy high protein snacks together. Leslie doesn't think I work out hard enough and that I am out of shape. She said so yesterday and I laughed inside to myself. She's a personal trainer working in mainstream gyms. She has chosen plastic surgery to give her the bust line that traditional men are drawn to and she works out hard. It shows in her hard body.

I work out softly. I am not trying to have rippling muscles. I can't help it that my legs are so well defined...I've always biked and walked and worked on my feet. To keep me connected to the planet when I was employable, I wore clogs that was like wearing two pound weights on each leg. I got gams...I'm a long legged beauty. Can't help it. I just am.

It's funny...I really like Leslie and accept her for who she is. Since my recent epiphany regarding Steve and my dating needs, it is easier for me to witness her experiences. I know what it feels like to sleep with someone that you're not that into but they have a good body and quite frankly it's not a turn-on for me. I don't care how hot he is.

Leslie wants to go out partying with me before I leave town. She doesn't drink or do drugs so it'll be fun...she's a great salsa dancer and I am terrible! I really want to learn to salsa better. I was taking lessons for a little while there but then things changed. Plus I really do love to watch how men respond when they see her.

It is like watching "Mutual of Omaha's Wildlife Kingdom".

She attracts a different kind of man and I am grateful that they flock over her. It reminds me that there is someone for everyone and I doubt I would ever be interested in any of the men she dates.

I said to her, "Wow Leslie, you are the United Nations of Dating, aren't you!?!"

"Yeah..." she said, "But I don't date black guys."

"Really?" I said. "A whole race out? There are some pretty good looking black guys."

"No. No black guys." She said. "And no Mexicans."

I sat quietly nodding.

"And no guys from China. Or any Asian guys." She said.

"So you really like the whitish guys most?" I asked.

"Yeah, well you know..." she said implying that I understood her discriminating tastes.

I don't of course. I can't eliminate races. I've been victim to too many hate crimes by white people when growing up for having a Jewish last name and a divorced mother. I have witnessed violence and been raped by white men. I have been held against my will in a business environment by a white man. I have been arrested and detained by white men. I have been held back professionally by white men. I have the worst sex in the world with white men.

White men white men white men.

Luckily the people of color don't visit Starbucks in my neighborhood...at least not too many of them. It is teaming with police officers, FBI agents, Mobsters, and others legally licensed to carry a gun. Not especially friendly to nonwhite people here in Pompano Beach.

Carry on Leslie.

God speed.

I"ll enjoy each cup of coffee with you until March 13th. Who knows...maybe I'll find one of your leftovers who likes to have a conversation before he takes you home and well...we know what will happen. Do I really have to say it?

All the way from here...
Linda

6 comments:

Anne S. said...

I think Leslie should sign up for the next season of Paradise Hotel, where superficial people get laid ad nauseum. Since you won't judge her, I will. She makes me sick. Ick.

Linda S. Silberman said...

When I decided to not reincarnate anymore I had to give up judging people or else my karma would insist that I return once my time is up. Judge away sister. As long as I don't have too we're okay. I'm sure Leslie won't take any mind to your opinion. She's not a big reader.
Love you,
L.

Anonymous said...

Well, I sold my computers, so I have to read and comment on your blogs on my phone everyday.... Yay and nay.

I wish that Leslie wasn't so... typical. She completely contrasts you,

But Linda, you are a Goddess next to that woman.

im quite sure those white guys who gave you bad sex, (im suspecting) that they simply couldn't handle some good old Linda Silber-man-handlin'.

and Yeah, you toootally suck at Salsa... and Salsa. :-D

Linda S. Silberman said...

I love it Lalala...you HAVE to post and read my blog?

Wow...that is a huge compliment. Thank you. Seeing as I have only 5 readers, based on my tiny poll...I well...I'm really touched by your comments.

Thank you.
truly...
Linda

Linda S. Silberman said...

Oh...how do you guys like this picture of Little Man? I call this photo, "The Money Shot"
XOXO
L

Anonymous said...

I love it the pic is so Marilyn-Monroe Feline-ish.

But yeah, I HAVE to read your blog. :-D .