Friday, March 14, 2008

God Bless Ft. Lauderdale Airport

There are many great things about leaving South Florida...saying goodbye to the smells of the elderly, for instance. They have a distinctive scent that sets them apart from other humans under the age of 75. There is a secretion that begins at age 72 for the elderly to identify each other. I'm not exactly what this scent is but some of the smells are easily identifiable: grocery store rotissary chicken (past expiration date), Poligrip (with its unique patented Ooze-Control tip to control the amount of goo to control excessive oozing), regret and disappointment in the children that do not call or visit (these two things smell quite similar and only a trained professional can tell the difference), and of course soiled underpants.

At the Ft. Lauderdale airport sun-scorched tourists hug hefty jackets while their sunburned shoulders keep them temporarily warm in the over-air conditioned boarding gates. I am waiting for mt flight to Atlanta to see my second family before heading to Seattle.

Anne is out of Intensive Care and in a regular hospital room. The doctors and nurses are aggressive with her healing and expect her to be out of bed walking by tomorrow. She is in a lot of pain and I wish I had a magical wand to remove the soreness she feels in her body...all normal and expected following such an invasive procedure. Rib cage bones readjusting to being back in the proper place, shoulders and neck sore from the over extension. The heart, her over worked muscle, recovering from incisions and new valve inserted.

The doctors said she may be home by Saturday...which we cannot believe. She does not feel ready to leave and I wonder if they are pushing her out of the hospital since she is uninsured. There is not much for us to do at this point and I will be there soon enough to help out...it is still hard being away from her and Lisa.

All my things are packed away in storage and what didn't fit got donated today. I have lost my attachment to my possessions...leaving only 1 bag of clothing...all else gone...too big. I do not know what lay ahead for me but I am ready.

Dearest God,

Please visit Anne today and help ease her pain. May you provide her with the most excellent morphine drip and bring it in a hurry! Release her pain and fear about the hospital bills. You know we can't get any blood from stones and she's bone dry! We all are! So...somehow god, let this money thing work out...we'll do what we can but let that be the last of our worries about money. It is so unnecessary.

Thank you for all the great snacks today and the help that arrived on time to move this and that and for the lovely housekeeper to leave the property in excellent condition. And keep an extra eye on my son, Michael. Keep him strong and healthy and may he find the community he so desires. Bless him and his birth family as they transition into a new home. And thank you for our relationship. I am so lucky to have found him.

Bless the little people of Pompano Beach and may they enjoy their lives in good health. While it was one of the most isolating, horrible places for me to live, the pool was very nice and I am glad to have swam so much. That was a real treat.

Okay god...I'm not sure I have much to say but thank you for all of this and that and please help Sculley...he's been hospitalized again from his latest bender and fired again from a fantastic job. God..send him to Betty Ford for a long time so he can get well. Enough with the Schnapps already!

Peace and all that good stuff...protect the plane and all its peoples and may we have a safe take off and landing. Ashey. Namaste.

So much love,
All the way from here...
Linda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

**WAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! **Cough**Cough** WAAAHHHHHHH!!!!MOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMYYY!!!! WAAAAAAHAHHHH!!!!!**Cough**Tear Drop**