Monday, April 21, 2008

What to do, what to do

I have a magical oracle online that I use for advice when making decisions. Here's the link:

http://www.facade.com/yesno/

Now, I know what your thinking, "It is official. Linda is off her rocker." I don't deny that statement, but who hasn't wanted a second opinion on the decisions you have to make in your life?

There are a lot of types of venues you can use at www.facade.com like tarot readings, I Ching, Biorhythms and of course, my favorite the Yes and No oracle. It is good to get some clarity on what is going on and to see what feels right in your gut.

Karen thinks this is an absolutely hysterical way to make life decisions. Carl, an old neighbor of mine, used to say that he would flip a coin for me and give me an answer instead of using the oracle, but I gotta say, neither one of them have given this venue the proper respect it deserves! There is a method to my question asking. Here's what I do.

I ground down, settle myself and get comfortable...I typically have a beverage in front of me such as a coffee or tea. I put on good music in and listen to them in my awesome headphones (before heading into bankruptcy, I splurged and bought a pair of the Bose headphones...oh god it was worth it but I am afraid I have some pretty serious hearing loss now because I keep the music pretty loud) and I ask a series of questions. It took me a bit of practice to get used to asking Yes/No questions because it is my human nature to want to ask "why" questions...like "Why god is this shit happening?". That is not a Yes/No question so it is of no use here.

After I've grounded down, I think about what I need to ask or what I am feeling uncertain of and I ask the oracle if they are ready for questions.

"Are you ready to answer questions?" I'll ask.

"No" it says. When this happens I will do one of two things...I will ask a follow-up question like, "Are you sure?"

If it says, "No" then I will proceed with a secondary question like:

"Am I drinking coffee?"

"No" is the answer I just got when asking the oracle and I am drinking coffee, so I take that as a sign that if I continue to ask questions then I will get wrong answers. If it had said "Yes" then I would proceed but cautiously.

I know, there is only a 50% chance of accuracy but those odds are pretty good...especially when you are feeling out of sorts in your mind, not trusting any of your own decision making...which has been my case. Since all of this and that has happened, my whole foundation has been shattered.

I'll ask again, just to see if I should be asking any questions at all.

"Am I drinking hot coffee?" I ask.

"No" it says, and it is right! I am drinking Iced Coffee not Hot Coffee!

Rebuilding a life from personal ground zero is just another part of life. I look to other dynamic Leo women for inspiration and guidance. Marta Stewart, for instance...I don't want to be like her but she has been through so many personal transformations and careers. She has somehow found the inner strength to keep moving forward. That is what I am looking for...my inner guidance and determination to keep this life moving ahead and not let the shit that comes my way knock me down.

I'll ask the Oracle...
"Does Martha Stewart have struggles with low self-esteem?"

"Yes" it says.

See, that makes me feel better! I'll ask another question...

"Am I like Martha?" I ask.

"No" it says.

That answer doesn't resonate with me, so I'll ask it a follow-up question...

"Really? I'm not like Martha?" I ask.

"No." it says. And the oracle is right. I am nothing like Martha Stewart.

I wonder if I should be using another Leo icon like Madonna...she's reinvented herself a thousand times over the last 20 years. I've never really liked her music (except for that one Euro-club CD) but she and I have a lot in common except for that torrid affair with Warren Betty. I said no to Warren. No hard feelings baby...but I did fall in love with you for a couple of minutes there after I saw you in "Heaven Can Wait" but I think it was the character you portrayed and not the inner you that attracted me. So let's go back to the oracle.

"Am I like Madonna?" I ask.

"No" it says.

See! This thing is spot on right! All the time! Because I am nothing like Madonna! Not at all! I'm not a good dancer, I'm a good singer, I have brown hair, I haven't slept with Guy Ritchey, I don't speak with a fake British accent (anymore) ...and on and on! This thing is so right! You gotta try it!

"Will it be fucking freezing again today?"

"No" it says. And it is right! It is supposed to go up to 50 degrees today! That is outrageously hot for here, especially since it's been raining and snowing and sleeting. 50 is practically summer in Seattle. In fact, in the summer it rarely gets into the 80's so keeping it all in perspective is important.

So my last question for the Oracle for today is:

"Will anybody read this blog?"

"Yes" it says.

See...dead on. I suggest you use it when you are stuck or don't know what to do or just want another opinion. Karen and I used to give out free advice back in the day and I'm pretty sure I've written about that before. If you don't recall I'll give a brief recap. She and I would sit down at the Pike Place Market one day a week with a sign that said, "Free Advice". People would come and ask us questions about their lives and we'd offer them a piece of fruit like a strawberry and we'd ponder their questions and give our advice. We had phone books with us and would give different agency names and numbers if we thought they needed professional help but we would always have two different opinions about what people should do. I think about resurrecting that but calling it "Second Opinion". Who doesn't want a second opinion about a decision that you are trying to make?

The reality is that there are no decisions to make. Echart Tolle says, "There is nothing to decide." What he means by that is that all things will work out in their own way and the answers will reveal themselves when it is time.

So if you are struggling with a decision and don't know what to do...try the Oracle. Or email me if you'd like a second opinion. Or better yet, don't decide anything. Wait until you hear the answer from God. That is the best decision of all.

So much love,
All the way from over here,
Linda

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow man what nice blogs you have been coming up with.

THIS SHIT WAS SO FUNNY!!! LOL

I stopped at like the third paragraph and started asking the oracle questions... here they go...

"Will I open up a corner store?"

it said, "No."

Then I said, "Will I open up a convenience store"

it said "yes."

then I said, "Will I buy a house in Parkland?"
it said, "Yes."

Then I said, "Will my mom buy a house?"
It said, "Yes."

then... "Will I graduate college?"
It said, "Yes"
Then I started gettin' suspicious so I had to switch it around on his ass...

"Will I get my Bachelor's degree?"

.................. "Yes."

I was like damn this is my favorite thing ever.

Thanks for the modern provision, online oracle. Nice post.

Anonymous said...

okay so i went back because I got curious...



...'Am I going to marry Kendra?'
Yes.
...."Will I marry Kendra?"
No... and i repeated different ways but it kept saying no, so i got mad and started insulting it.

... "Are you gay?'
no.
... "You are gay."
no.

... "Are you black?"
yes.

.... "well, am I gay?"
yes, [wtf]

..... "Are you gay then?"
no. [by this time i was mad at it]

...." Am I straight?"
Yes.[aha!]
..."Am I bisexual"
Yes [damn, another insult]

... "Do I have a macbook pro?"
No.

Lies!!!! Lies!!! I still like it though! This is so fun, your post was really deep. The answers will really unravel in time. And Madonna can't sing so I don't blame you for not liking her music. Her new CD sucks. You are nothing like that woman. I think it just gets tired after a while... giving out free information and all....
....'Are y

Linda S. Silberman said...

Isn't it fun!?! I love it! I'm glad you tried it too. Now you see why I use the coffee question! When I get mixed messages from the answer, I'll ask "Am I drinking coffee?" or sometimes I'll as, "Are you full of shit?" or "Are you lying to me?" and see what kind of answers I get...

Oh, Momma would be so happy if you married Kimani...but what about Louis? I thought they were a couple and for a long time too...they both have such beautiful energy.

Loving you,
Linder

Linda S. Silberman said...

Hey...who is Kendra? I got confused with Kimani..Sorry for the mistake.
xo
L.

Anonymous said...

lol, no Kendra is my long time best friend, lol, I would never try Kimani! she's 20! Im still a youngster momz... lol, and I think her and louis are such a beautiful couple. Man. I have to try the full of shit one. I'll be late in reading the new post, gotta lot of work 2 do. :(

Love, your sun,
Mick.