Thursday, April 17, 2008

Preparing for freezing rain

It is cold here. I know I may have mentioned that before...and there is an ounce of hope for warmer days for me. I registered on Housecarerer's.com which is a housesitting website connecting those who are traveling with those who need a place to stay. There is a housesitting gig I've applied to in Hawaii from early June until mid-July and baby, do I need it!

My bones are cold! My body aches in this weather and all my old physical health problems have resurfaced. This is fascinating to watch and I am really trying to stay in observation mode, not get too caught up in the story, you know. While my time in South Florida was one of the most isolating, lonely times I can recall, the weather had its good parts. However I am not called back there. I think there is more work to be done here...as much as I'd like to flee to someplace warm and sunny today, it isn't time.

So I ask you to kindly take a moment to send warm thoughts to me and my freezing companions in Seattle. The people here are so adapted to this weather they walk around in shorts and tank tops on days like today where the predicted high temperature is 53 degrees. That is roasting Baby! Oye vie!

Hawaii...I've never been there...I hear they love my favorite vegetable and candy: Pork. A magical beast with so many delicious flavors trapped inside its crispy skin. The housesitting gig is on the big island near Honolulu...is that Oahu? I hope I get this gig...five weeks would be sweet in the sun...

Okay. Time to sit quietly and visualize. Please join me. I would like to make my way around the planet westward to return to Miami...through Australia. What you think? Take a vacation? It is long over due!

So much love,
All the way from up here...
Linda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess my original comment didn't make the cut. But the comment at the top of your page is totally true.