Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Well, Hello Dalai

I'm the luckiest girl on the planet. My acupuncturist, Dr. Jordan, gave me a ticket to see the Dalai Lama this Saturday at Quest Field. It will be an intimate gathering with me and 39,999 of my closest friends. I've not seen him in person before and I think it will be an awesome experience. You gotta respect him, walking around in a dress and just pushing compassion everywhere. That's my goal. To wear dresses again...in red and orange.

It will be a nice break for me too. I've been working my tail off for the family doing the cooking, shopping, laundry, walking the dogs, etc...for three weeks straight now without a break in addition to doing my own healing work so a lot has been going on for me. For someone who hasn't worked in a conventional sense since November, I really need a vacation.

I've applied for a housesitting gig in Kauai, HI for seven weeks. Golly, wouldn't that be nice? Warmth again? I am so cold all the time here! It has been unseasonably cold since I arrived. I have been living in either North Carolina or Florida since 2001 and have developed a taste for warm weather in those two places. I suppose this is a good reminder of what weather elsewhere is like and where do I really want to be. If I seriously consider relocating to NYC, I have to be prepared for not only the cold, rainy, damp weather but the hot humid summers that are without coastal winds.

See how easy it is to think about the future? It is not a good thing for me...but a vacation....that would be a good thing.

Dear Sweet God,

Thanks for the ticket to see the Dalai Lama this weekend! That is awesome! And Amma is coming soon too! So I'll get my mother and father spiritual teachers in the same location in no time at all!

Thanks for Dr. Jordan. He is so kind and has a good touch with the needles. I can see how much he really loves to heal the people and he is at his best when the community room is full of us needled patients all poked up relaxing in the multicolored lazy boy recliners. I take back my hatred for the lazy boy, God. I can see that there is a good use now for this hideous recliner.

God, can you share with me the lesson behind this terrible weather? What is up with that? It makes my body ache everywhere and brings dreariness to those everywhere. I know you created everything, but did you need a boost to your R.E.I. stock? I can see that Eddie Bauer and you are thick as thieves and that's great and all, but seriously now...Arctic Winds? That seems a bit extreme just to get in some late spring skiing.

I know I'm whining a lot lately, but I'm one of your most favorite children, remember? And I am cold! And when I am cold I am not the best of company unless if I am snowed in a beautiful chalet stocked with all my favorite ingredients and a handsome companion to do this and that with...you know what I mean, god. That kinda of stuff. And snow is a different story to dreary cold drab wet weather.

God, I don't think you've been listening to my requests and I have had to take other action. I hope you understand and forgive me for what I have done. I know that it is for the best interest of everyone and that you and I will be fine...I mean our relationship will be fine. It's just that I have noticed that things need a boost and sometimes I need help.

Anyway, don't worry god. Everything happens for a reason and I am sure we'll be back on track soon.

Amen. Ashey. Namaste.

So much love,
All the way from over here,
Linda


No comments: