Friday, July 25, 2008

Update

I am in Cambridge, MA...I've been here a week housesitting and on Sunday I am headed into New York City to find a place to live. I will continue to write about the my Green Tortoise experience but I am feeling quite anxious not knowing where I am going to live, or how it will all work out. It is hard to write about the recent past while I am in such transition, although I seem to be doing it. I am taking a huge leap of faith by moving to NY and everyday I wonder if I am making the right decision or if I should retreat and head back to Seattle with my tail between my legs.

My birthday is August 7th and will be here in no time at all. I realize that it is not an important date but for me it signifies the beginning of a new year, so relocating is happening at the exact right time.

I am scared and nervous but trust the right thing is in motion. I am hoping to find a room to rent in Williamsburg for about $600/month...which is possible, just not too common. I get back into the city, I have a place to stay for a few days while I sort this all out. It will all work. I just don't know how.

If you have a moment, keep me in your kind thoughts as I move forward with another day as a human being on planet earth.

Now I will go find a cup of chowder. I am in Boston after all.

So much love,
All the way from over here....
Linda

6 comments:

Anne S. said...

You would not be heading back to Seattle "with your tail between your legs" if you come back. You would simply be returning from vacation. Nobody is judging you except for yourself. I know because I do the exact same thing. I love you.

- A - C - said...

gulp.. NYC! see you there in september!

ciaoooo!
A.

Lisa said...

I'm with Anne. Consider Seattle coming "home" rather than returning with your tail between your legs! If NYC is REALLY calling, I get it. But a place is just a place. Home is with your soul.

Linda S. Silberman said...

AC: I hope to meet you for coffee when you are in NYC. It will be nice to hear the voice behind the beautiful images and words.

Anne & Lisa: I appreciate your support. It has been very difficult being without a home and I need to land somewhere soon. NY is calling me and I must see what she has to say. I love you both.
Linda

Mickey said...

lol, you birthday is very important mama! Especially this year, because you can buy alcohol!

Happy 21st gorgeous!

and keep checking craigslist in New york for rooms to rent, they have them all the time.

Peace, im so glad im back on.

Linda S. Silberman said...

My Child...thank god you found me again. I was getting worried about you!
I adore you Michael.
Love,
Linda