Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Brooklyn Baby

I found a furnished room to live in Brooklyn yesterday. It's in a "transitional" neighborhood which means it doesn't have any Starbuck's and it's mostly Afro-American. J-Z, the rapper, is from this neighborhood. The residents are very watchful and church going folks. It borders the Hasidic Jewish neighborhood and there are Kosher butchers and pastry shops close by.

My new roommates seem nice and are very welcoming. It will be the first time that I live with children, a 9 year old girl and 11 year old boy also live there half-time, so we'll see how that goes. The good news is that if I don't like it I can move out....it's month to month.

Now what?

Write, I guess...find a community...maybe a good slice of pizza.

I move in on Friday.

Wow. I've moved to New York!

So much love,
All the way from over here....
Linda

4 comments:

Anne S. said...

But do they have WiFi???

- A - C - said...

Let's hope for the best, Linda, still... do they have WiFI???? :-D

Linda S. Silberman said...

Yes, si...there is WiFi. Whew! Now my next project is to find a laptop that doesn't weigh 10 pounds. It's like I'm carrying around a Commodore 64! I found a writing group I'm going to sit in on Monday night in Greenwich Village. So far, so good.
xo
L

Mickey said...

I WANNA COME! :-D so exciting.

Lol, "Jay-Z".