Monday, June 2, 2008

What's been going on...

Everyday I feel guilty that I have not written online, but I have been doing a lot of writing in journal form. For me, it isn't a "Dear Diary...today Tommy told me he loves me..." sort of writing but it is about the soul searching I've been going through. Naturally, I have felt that my emotional progress has been a bit self-indulgent, but it is necessary.

I had my Vedic astrology chart done last week when I went to see Amma. Amma is a spiritual saint from India who is known as the "Hugging Saint". She has charities all over India and she has several Ashrams here in the states. Her philosophy incorporates no traditional doctrine although she does a ceremony where she brings in Krishna...she essentially stays in love and meditation plus she has an awesome band that plays with her. Amma visits the USA once a year and I always try to see her where ever I am...NYC, DC, Seattle, San Fransisco are all the spots I've hugged Amma.

Her events are all free but there is awesome stuff for sale...scarves, sari's, photos of Amma, rose essential oil and then there are the non-regular things like the Amma comic books, bumper stickers, tee shirts etc. They also offer services like Puja (pronounced Pooja). This is a sacred prayer that is performed in a temple with priests and is used in assistance with removing the human ego which is the cause of all suffering. You know, that is true too. When the ego is removed from any situation, it is simply a situation. Echart Tolle talks about the pain body and how the identification with this pain body which means the ego is identifying with the situation is the cause of all suffering....he's on the right path for sure.

A Puja is used to assist in removing the ego and obstacles ahead of you and offers this to god....and Amma offers this service. All the money goes to her charities so it is a good cause. Plus they have Vedic astrologers...this is the eastern form of astrology. In Vedic astrology I am a Sagittarius which is interesting since in western astrology, that is my rising sign.

The Vedic astrologer said it was my life-path and my karmic path to not be involved in a relationship...to be completely self-sufficient and that romantic love is not my path. Well, that is completely different from what my western astrologer said....he said that it was my path to learn how to be in relationship with someone. And that left me with total confusion...I mean what the fuck? What's up with this? One says it is my path the other says it isn't?

Free Will...plain and simple. Remember, we did not snack from the tree of life in the garden of Eden...we snacked on the tree of knowledge and were given free will. So I guess it is anyone's guess if I will be in relationship with someone.

And the reality is that it doesn't matter. Wanting romantic relationships is simply a way to keep myself distracted from the real internal work that needs to be done. I think about the movie "Sex in the City" which is all the rage these days...it is a show about four women who love to drink and shop and talk about their relationships. Is it important? Maybe...but it is very superficial and distracting from the real internal work that is there for each of us...the question is, will you do it in this lifetime or will you come around again and get it done?

Not every one believes in reincarnation but I do and I do not want to reincarnate again....as if I have any choice in the matter...but I like to think that I do. If I bring consciousness to my everyday life then perhaps I can evolve to the next level and be more available for self-less service while still being able to take care of my own needs.

Part of that works requires me to stay in the mucky-muck to work out the issues I still have.

And that's why I haven't been writing here. I am not sure it is worthy of posting and don't really find it all that interesting. Not like rice. Rice is interesting.

Thanks for checking-in and I will continue to write. I promise that I will return to the daily posting, just not today.

So much love,
All the way from over here in cold, gray, Seattle...
Linda

1 comment:

- A - C - said...

"I am not sure it is worthy of posting"... hmmmm.

Definitely worthy. Working on ourselves, to become better humans, is so rare nowadays that it always deserves all the attention we can give.

all the best.
A.

P.S. don't bother astrologers too much.