Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Only in Seattle

There was a severe weather alert warning for Seattle on my yahoo page this morning, so naturally I clicked on it to read all about it.

WARNING: IT WILL BE WARM TOMORROW THROUGH SATURDAY. TEMPERATURES COULD REACH NEAR 80 DEGREES. BE WARNED PASTY WHITE SEATTLE PEOPLE. THE SUN WILL BE OUT. YOU WILL NEED TO SHIELD YOUR EYES FROM THE BRIGHT LIGHT FROM THE YELLOW ORB IN THE SKY. DO NOT LOOK DIRECTLY AT IT. IT IS THE SUN AND IT IS HERE TO HEAT OUR PLANET. YOU MAY WANT TO PUT ON SUNSCREEN TO PROTECT YOUR ALABASTER SKIN. THIS TERRIBLE CONDITION MAY LAST UNTIL SATURDAY AT WHICH TIME YOU WILL BE TOO SUNBURNED FROM YOUR TWENTY MINUTE EXPOSURE TO THIS SUN TO DO ANYMORE YARD WORK. NOTICE: ALL DECK SEATING WILL BE FULL AT EVERY WATERFRONT RESTAURANT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. SMALLER BUSINESSES WILL ADVERTISE AIR CONDITIONING. REPEAT: IT WILL BE WARM. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STAY INSIDE!

Okay, maybe I exaggerate a little, but it is supposed to be sunny and warm Thursday to Saturday. That is two whole days people! Two whole days of sunshine! What will I do with myself? On the last sunny day my sister and I took ferry boat ride and maybe I'll do it again. It's a nice, cheap way to be on the water and see the shiny bright light.

I know I haven't been writing much, and I am sorry for those of you who look to my blog for some glimpse of something...I'm not sure what...but I haven't really had much to say. I am walking a lot these days. The most I've walked in a day was about 8 miles...and counting these hills....that's a lot! The shaman I'm studying with has me meditating 1 1/2 hrs a day and that is fine and all but I still don't have any answers as to where I am going or what I am doing...dunno. I used to want to have a life full of coffee shops and writing time and now that I have it I don't have much to write about. I guess it's that careful what you wish for thing. Although that could just be bullshit on my part.

Mostly what I've been doing here is healing and that is going just fine...but Seattle is not where I want to put down roots again. The soil is too moist for me. Florida was only an option because of Whole Foods...whose stock is plummeting and they are loosing money left and right and not taking care of their team members. I must say, the greed has taken over. Buying Wild Oats was a bad business move and it is hitting the investors now! All the people who have stock are screwed...including me. My 401K was mostly invested in WFM stock and now it is just loosing money. I should have paid more attention to that "Smartest Guys in the Room" film about Enron and what happened to their employees and their future monies.

So I will meditate again, pray a lot and walk a ton today. Maybe I'll even have a cup of coffee to perk my spirits. If you have a life plan for me, please email it to me: patsycat@yahoo.com I could use the input.

So much love,
All the way from over here...
Linda

2 comments:

Mickey said...

omg, its 97 degrees here, and it aint even summer. 80 degrees sounds so nice right now, especially when im out getting carts.

Linda S. Silberman said...

Child, you have got to find some work indoors before it gets super hot!

xo
L.