Monday, September 8, 2008

Cupcake Queen

I've returned to mainstream society and left the life of leisure. I now managing a cupcake shop, well, actually I am training to manage the shop but it is not much like working compared to the projects that I've done in the past.

While my new trainers were kind and gracious I felt as if I were letting them down because I understood so clearly what needed to be done and there was not much to teach me except how to work their register.

Quite frankly, I am very over-qualified for this position...I see that now, but the company is growing rapidly and this may be a good career move in the long-run. For now, I will stick with it and allow my mind to wander.

Perhaps some of the sugary pink frosting will inspire poetic prose to flow through my reluctant fingers....

Perhaps...perhaps...perhaps

so much love,
All the way from over here...
Linda

4 comments:

- A - C - said...

Go Linda, go!

Anne S. said...

Hang in there - but don't get sticky fingers in the process.

Lisa said...

Hey, it pays the rent for now, and you get to share some of your food gift with others. Don't forget that you have a lot to offer the world. Writing, cooking, managing, creativity....you are very gifted!!! And you're making the rent. Ain't no shame in that.

Mickey said...

... i just wanna cupcake.