Monday, August 2, 2010

Dear Jet Blue....

 Dear JetBlue,

I had a family emergency and had already booked my flight to Seattle for Aug 4th but needed to change my flight at the last minute to a week before the original booking date.  I realized that there would be fees and charges and I was not upset when I was charged my added fee because I had to leave, but what I was not prepared for was paying for the extra leg room 3 times. 

Lynda Nunez was the ticket agent who was so very helpful when I noticed I was charged a THIRD TIME for extra legroom for my seat (3A) and she did not know so she called customer service for me while I was waiting to check my bags...and let me say right now....  Lynda Nunez (a perfect stranger to me) is a great employee and I'd hire her in a second!

After 10 min on the phone with customer service, she assured me that $120 would be taken off my bill and credited to my debit card since I had been charged the first time $60 for the extra legroom on seat 3A then, when I changed my flight, I paid again for the exact same spot of 3A and $60 for the extra legroom and when I checked in for my flight at the kiosk, I was charged another $60 for my seat on 3A at JFK to check-in. NOTE: I was not allowed to proceed before I was charge A THIRD TIME $60 for the luxury gift of sitting in seat 3A.

How many times is appropriate?  I am six feet tall, a woman, and I am accustomed to being paid less tan a man at my job for equal work, but seriously... $180 for 6 inches?  For a seat???

 I have LOVED Jet Blue!  I've loved the coffee, the comfy seats, the awesome flight attendants, the smooth take-offs and landings but this is too much.

Poor Lynda Nunez assured me my $120 would be refunded and back on my debit card before the family emergency was over and as I gaze at my updated bank statement, my belief in Lynda's truth diminished.

But please know, she did a great job and I did not become dissatisfied until now as I see her guarantee was false...to no fault of her own.

Do I sound angry?  Sure.  I am angry.  I'm pissed off that I have to pay 3 times for 6 inches of room. 

Will I fly Jetblue again? That is hard to answer.

I just discovered that Alaska Airlines has a direct flight from Newark to Seattle!  How exciting!  And it costs me the exact same price to get from my home to JFK as it does to Newark, NJ.

Will I check their airfares first and book with them next time?

You tell me.......

Jet Blue, how should I continue our relationship?  For the past few years, I've thought we had a good thing going on, but now I see what you can do to me and I don't know if that is what I need in my life.

So, JetBlue.  You tell me.  What do YOU think I should do?  I tell you, Lynda Nunez wants me to fly with you again....but maybe you don't value her service and dedication the same way you don't value me and my loyalty.  Maybe I should ask Lynda Nunez if she would prefer being a manager at one of my cafes?  She really did her best to make me feel satisfied and when I

I don't know....why should I fly with JetBlue again?  Do you have $120 good reasons why I should ?

Thank you,
Linda Silberman
patsycat@yahoo.

No comments: