Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Excuses, excuses

I don't have a good opening first line to start writing something about, so I'll just start here. Even if it isn't grammatically correct. I promised that I'd write again so here it is.

It was surprising to me to realize that so many of my friends read my blog. It also has helped me face my performance anxiety. That's a good excuse, huh? Hang with me, I got a million of 'em!

I made a promise to my previous housemate that I would not write about him or his children during my duration of living there. Once I was out, my world and writing were my own again. He was going through a messy divorce having been with his wife for 18 years and they had two children together. When I moved in, he said he had 50% custody of the kids, that they'd be there every other weekend, and every Monday night to Wednesday mornings.

It sounded like it could work out and the room I was renting was priced all inclusive for heat, electric, wifi, paper goods, etc... I intended to save a lot of money so we all make sacrifices for our choices.

Several weeks after I moved in was when I discovered that the two kids were a bit off. It was after Simon, a 12 year old boy, sat outside my bedroom door barking like a dog for 45 minutes while the father was downstairs visiting the neighbors. He channeled many animals and liked to sound them out.

Turns out he is developmentally disabled and heavily medicated.

Sarah, a 10 year old girl, took to kicking our shared wall for hours on end. She is Autistic.

Long story short; if I wanted to be in a sexless marriage with two kids I couldn't stand, I'd have gotten married. I reached my breaking point and the universe provided me with a better opportunity.

So...here we are. Me unsure about what to write about and you reading my latest excuse for not writing.

It's like playing the piano or riding a bike...I need to get back into practice.

So much love,
All the way from over here....
Lindae

2 comments:

Mickey said...

Those kids sound like a real mess.

But they are out of your hair... time for you to devote some time to the one that slipped right out of your spiritual womb...

Linda S. Silberman said...

Oh my child...Michael. You will always be the first born and are God's most favorite child.
xoxoxox
L.