Thursday, January 5, 2012

Birthdays and Anniversaries

Today is my sister's birthday and it's the anniversary of the day that I bought my favorite car, my Saab Turbo 9000 convertible.  I was living in South Florida at the time and taking long slow drives up and down the coast was my favorite way to pass the time on my days off.

Today when I awoke, the first thing I thought of was that car and how much fun I had listening to the best tunes cranked on my stereo.  Yes, I was one of "those" people!  Music is my fist language and the one that fills my soul the most.  Living in Brooklyn and having a car just don't go hand-in-hand.  The insurance and constant search for parking for 24 hours and the worry that someone will break-in...well, it's just too many headaches for this gal.  But I still think about it.

When I went outside for my walk today, there parked in front of my house was the same year and model of my car.  I had to smile at the Universe for delivering it to me again, on its anniversary.  Thank you Universe.  I love you.  It's too cold to put the top down today and take a long slow drive down the coast, but I know I'll be doing that again some day.

So much love,
All the way from
over here,
Linda

No comments: