Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ice Cube

I've been house sitting on Park Slope, which is like the yuppie neighborhood of Brooklyn. My girlfriend has dashed off to the Caribbean with her devistatingly handsome boyfriend for a week of romping in warm tropical blue waters. I have the pleasure of sleeping with her three lovely kitties. Warm kittens are a treat.

Since moving to New York, I've been renting a room in a duplex with several other people. It's been a good experience for me to live strangers but there is a tiny kitchen and I don't feel comfortable cooking there, so house sitting fills that void.

What I notice that I've missed making the most is ice. I love ice. I love to make ice in different shapes or to buy party ice making every cold beverage a celebration. So even though it is freezing outside, I've been lamenting the joys of making ice.

Where I live, we have a tiny refrigerator especially for 5 people. I get a shelf and a little corner of the freezer for my food and generally it's enough to keep my full and fresh.

But now I want my own place again. One with a big freezer for my massive ice collection.

Dreams can happen...I belive...I belive in ice.

So much love,
All the way from over here...
Linda

5 comments:

Lisa said...

did you hear the one about the guy who wanted to make ice but forgot the recipe? Badum-dum!!!

Mickey said...

Im sorry linda, mom,

but this sounded really boring:

.I love to make ice in different shapes or to buy party ice making every cold beverage a celebration. So even though it is freezing outside, I've been lamenting the joys of making ice.

Anne S. said...

Word to your mother.

Linda S. Silberman said...

Michael My Child, I must defend my love for ice and I hear you loud and clear that this is the ultimately boring. I agree, but boring things can make life much better. Or maybe this is a symptom of not having much creative energy...or maybe I'm wasting my creative time making ice instead of writing? All points could be true, but I hear you.
Love you,
L.

thegirleats said...

He is devistatingly handsome, isn't he?